Like people, no two probiotic strains are exactly alike. Each has a unique genetic makeup that determines its special health benefits. Verifying the strain ID ensures the formula delivers the unique strains shown to deliver health benefits.
|ID Verified Strain||Amount||Health Benefits|
L. helveticus LAFTI® L10
Clinically shown to promote digestive comfort*
Clinically shown to fortify the body’s natural immune defense*
Clinically shown to increase levels of beneficial/friendly bacteria
L. acidophilus DDS®-1
Clinically shown to survive in the human gut*
S. boulardii (Gnosis)
Clinically shown to support regularity*
Lactospore® Bacillus coagulans
Clinically shown to help maintain healthy blood cholesterol
Bacillus subtilis DE111™
Clinically shown to help maintain blood glucose and blood lipids
Clinically shown to help balance gut microflora*
B. longum BB536
Clinically shown to help promote regularity and normal bowel function*
B. lactis B1-04
Clinically shown to help maintain respiratory health*
Probiotics support digestive health in several ways. Their beneficial effects have been attributed to their ability to inhibit the growth of bad bacteria in the gut and to create substances that help fuel and reinforce the barrier defense of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.i,ii Probiotics work, in part, by forming a protective barrier in the intestinal tract and inhibiting the adhesion of bad bacteria and toxic substances.
Probiotics have been associated with improving the intestine’s immunologic barrier, and alleviating intestinal inflammatory response. Researchers have also reported that the transport of antigens (i.e., foreign invaders) across the gut lining increases in the absence of intestinal microflora. Furthermore, the capacity of the gut-associated immune cells to generate protective immune cells progressively increases with the establishment of the gut microflora.iii
The genus Bifidobacterium comprises numerous species that are normal inhabitants of the human gut. One of the most commonly found species in the gut is B. longum. B. lactis is the species most often included in functional foods and food supplements.iv
Probiotics are defined by their genus, species and strain. The ability of a probiotic to be effective has been found to be strain-specific.v Multi-strain probiotic supplements provide a broad spectrum of benefits.
iRolfe RD. The role of probiotic cultures in the control of gastrointestinal health. J Nutr. 2000;130(2S):396S-402S. PMID: 10721914.
iiMarteau PR, de Vrese M, Cellier CJ, et al. Protection from gastrointestinal diseases with the use of probiotics. Am J Clin Nutr. 2001;73(2):430S-436S. PMID: 11157353.
iiiIsolauri E, Sütas Y, Kankaanpää P, et al. Probiotics: effects on immunity. Am J Clin Nutr. 2001;73(2):444S-450S. PMID: 11157355.
ivTojo R, Suárez A, Clemente MG, de los Reyes-Gavilán CG, et al. Intestinal microbiota in health and disease: role of bifidobacteria in gut homeostasis. World J Gastroenterol. 20147;20(41):15163-15176. PMID: 25386066.
vMcFarland LV. Systematic review and meta-analysis of Saccharomyces boulardii in adult patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16(18):2202-2222. PMID: 20458757.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose treat cure or prevent any disease.
Q: What is it?
A: RightBiotics Rx is a dietary supplement formulated to deliver an advanced blend of highly prized probiotics with verified strain identity, including key strains backed by clinical research.
Q: What probiotics does it contain?
A: Each once-daily capsule includes 10 probiotic strains including Bifidobacteria, Lactobacillus and Bacillus strains along with Saccharomyces boulardii. By providing a blend rather than a single strain, the product has the ability to target a wider range of body benefits.*
Q: What is verified strain identity?
A: Like people, no two probiotic strains are exactly alike. Each has a unique genetic makeup that determines its special health benefits. Verifying the strain ID ensures RightBiotics Rx delivers the unique strains shown in clinical research to deliver health benefits.*
Q: What is the potency?
A: Each once-daily capsule provides 22 billion active probiotic cultures.
Q: Is the potency good through shelf life?
A: Yes, the product potency extends through shelf life. RightBiotics Rx has been formulated to account for varying probiotic stability to deliver a full potency of active cultures not only at the time of manufacture but throughout the entire shelf life.
Q: How long does one package last?
A: Each package provides a 30-day supply when take as directed (i.e., one capsule daily).
Q: How is it manufactured?
A: The product is manufactured in the United States in a state-of-the art, FDA-registered facility that meets current Good Manufacturing Practices and is fully equipped to manufacture delicate probiotics. The product is produced under cool temperatures, low humidity, and a nitrogen blanket that safely keeps oxygen away, thereby protecting the fragile probiotics during the entire manufacturing process. The finished product then awaits delivery in a climate controlled warehouse.
Q: Is it shelf stable?
A: Yes. RightBiotics Rx is shelf-stable and requires no refrigeration.
Q: Is it free of artificial ingredients?
A: Yes. The product is free of artificial ingredients, including colors, fillers and preservatives.
Q: Is it free of allergens?
A: No. RightBiotics Rx includes one probiotic strain (L. helveticus LAFTI® L10) that contains a trace amount of soy from the culture media and may contain a trace amount of milk, according to the product’s Allergen Statement. This probiotic is also processed in a facility where milk (including lactose) is present, according to the ingredient’s Allergen Statement. For this reason, the label includes a caution statement for people with soy or milk allergy.
Q: Is it gluten-free?
A: Yes. RightBiotics Rx is gluten-free, based on the product’s Allergen Statement.
Q: Is it Non-GMO?
A: Yes. RightBiotics Rx is non-GMO based on the product’s Genetic Modification Statement.
Q: Is it vegetarian?
A: RightBiotics Rx may contain a trace amount of milk (including lactose) so would not be suitable for lacto-vegetarians.
Q: What is the capsule made of?
A: The vegetable capsule is made of hypromellose, a cellulose material derived from pine, spruce and other softwood trees.
Q: Who can benefit?
A: The product is ideal for adults who want a convenient, drug-free solution to support digestive comfort, regularity and overall health.
Q: Does it provide clinically effective probiotic amounts?
A: Yes. RightBiotics Rx has been formulated to provide amounts of probiotic strains that have been clinically shown to not only promote digestive comfort & regularity, but also support immune function, respiratory health, glucose balance and lipid metabolism.*
Q: Does it help balance Candida yeast?
A: Yes. The product delivers key Lactobacillus species to help maintain a normal level of Candida yeast in the digestive tract.*
Q: What is the advantage of the acid-resistant capsules?
A: Unlike regular capsules, the acid-resistant capsules withstand harsh stomach acid that can destroy the fragile probiotics. The result is targeted delivery of live probiotic cultures directly in the intestine where these beneficial bacteria take up residence and go to work bringing balance to the gut microflora.*
Q: What is the advantage of the cold-pressed foil pack?
A: The cold-pressed foil packaging is designed to further protect the delicate probiotics. It includes cold-formed trays sealed with a high-quality aluminum film. The result is a packaging solution that delivers superior protection against light, moisture and oxygen not found in conventional packaging.
Q: Why did RealDose decide to introduce RightBiotics Rx?
A: RightBiotics Rx is a natural fit for the RealDose® Essentials line of dietary supplements. Whole body health starts with a healthy digestive tract, and probiotics play a key role by bringing balance to the gut microflora. Yet, it can be difficult to find a product that not only delivers a wide variety of key probiotic strains, but also delivers effective amounts. That’s why Dr. Steve developed RightBiotics Rx. It delivers on the RealDose promise – “Right Ingredients at the Real Dose – with the convenience of a once-daily capsule.*
Q: What is the recommended intake?
A: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule daily with a meal or as directed by your healthcare professional. When you take it at the same time each day, you are more likely to make it a regular habit and remember to take it.
Q: Are the capsules easy to swallow?
A: Yes. The product features a two-piece, vegetarian capsule in a single ought (“0”) size, which is considered easy to swallow.
Q: Does this product complement other RealDose supplements?
A: Yes. The product may be taken alone or as part of a supplement program with other RealDose® products.
Q: Is RightBiotics Rx recommended for people of any age?
A: RightBiotics Rx is formulated for adults of all ages to be taken as directed (i.e., one capsule daily or as directed by your healthcare professional). As with all dietary supplements, if you have or suspect a medical condition, we recommend that you talk to your doctor or other licensed healthcare professional before taking the product.
Q: Will RightBiotics Rx interfere with medications?
A: As with all dietary supplements, we recommend that you consult your physician or other licensed healthcare professional prior to use if you are taking any medications.
Q: I’m pregnant. Is it OK to use RightBiotics Rx?
A: As with all dietary supplements, we recommend that you consult your physician or other licensed healthcare professional prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing.
Q: Is this product tested for potency and purity?
A: Yes. The product is third-party tested by an independent laboratory for potency and purity.
1. Rolfe RD. The role of probiotic cultures in the control of gastrointestinal health. J Nutr. 2000;130(2S):396S-402S. PMID: 10721914.
2. Marteau PR, de Vrese M, Cellier CJ, et al. Protection from gastrointestinal diseases with the use of probiotics. Am J Clin Nutr. 2001;73(2):430S-436S. PMID: 11157353.
3. Isolauri E, Sütas Y, Kankaanpää P, et al. Probiotics: effects on immunity. Am J Clin Nutr. 2001;73(2):444S-450S. PMID: 11157355.
4. Tojo R, Suárez A, Clemente MG, de los Reyes-Gavilán CG, et al. Intestinal microbiota in health and disease: role of bifidobacteria in gut homeostasis. World J Gastroenterol. 20147;20(41):15163-15176. PMID: 25386066.
5. McFarland LV. Systematic review and meta-analysis of Saccharomyces boulardii in adult patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16(18):2202-2222. PMID: 20458757.
6. BB536 Clinical Evidence. Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd. Undated.
7. Ogata T, Nakamura T, Anjitsu K et al. Effect of Bifidobacterium longum BB536 administration on the intestinal environment, defecation frequency and fecal characteristics of human volunteers. Biosci Microflora. 1997;16:53- 58.
8. Xiao JZ, et al. Effect of yogurt containing Bifidobacterium longum BB536 on the defecation frequency and fecal characteristics of healthy adults: a double-blind cross-over study [in Japanese]. Jpn J Lactic Acid Bact. 2007;18:31- 36. In: BB536 Clinical Evidence, Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd.
9. Yaeshima T, Takahashi S, Ota S, et al. Effect of sweet yogurt containing Bifidobacterium longum BB536 on defecation frequency and fecal characteristics of healthy adults: a comparison with sweet standard yogurt [in Japanese; English abstract]. J Nutr. 1998;1:29-34. In: BB536 Clinical Evidence, Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd.
10. Yaeshima T, Takahashi S, Ogura A, et al. Effect of non-fermented milk containing Bifidobacterium longum BB536 on the defecation frequency and fecal characteristic in healthy adults. J Nutr Food. 2001;4:1-6.
11. Danisco Technical Sheet: Bifidobacterium Lactis BI-04. Available at: http://www.danisco.com/fileadmin/user_upload/danisco/documents/products/StrainInfo_Bl04_10-2012.pdf.
12. West NP, Horn PL, Pyne DB, et al. Probiotic supplementation for respiratory and gastrointestinal illness symptoms in healthy physically active individuals. Clin Nutr. 2014;33(4):581-587. PMID: 24268677.
13. Food Product Design. Institut Rosell purchases LAFTI probiotic line from DSM [press release]. March 09, 2010 - News Institut Rosell Lallemand. News. March 8, 2010. Available at http://www.foodproductdesign.com/news/2010/03/institut-rosell-purchases-lafti-probiotic-line-from-dsm.aspx.
14. Clancy RL, Gleeson M, Cox A, et al. Reversal in fatigued athletes of a defect in interferon gamma secretion after administration of Lactobacillus acidophilus. Br J Sports Med. 2006;40(4):351-354. PMID: 16556792.
15. Eccles R, Herzog A, Happel A. A study on winter infections in students to determine if oral treatment with the probiotic Lactobacillus acidophilus LAFT® L10 helps to support the immune system. Internal report. Undated.
16. Welin A, Henriksson A. Survival of L. acidophilus and L. casei in the human GI tract. Perceived effects on health. Nutrafoods. 2005;4(2/3):9-14.
17. Frese SA, Hutkins RW, Walter J. Comparison of the colonization ability of autochthonous and allochthonous strains of lactobacilli in the human gastrointestinal tract. Adv Microbiol. 2012;2:399-409.
18. LactoSpore® Website. http://lactospore.com/clinical/hypocholesterolemic/
19. Hong HA, Khaneja R, Tam NM, Cazzato A, Tan S, Urdaci M, Brisson A, Gasbarrini A, Barnes I, Cutting SM. Bacillus subtilis isolated from the human gastrointestinal tract. Res Microbiol. 2009;160(2):134-43. PMID: 19068230.
20. Labellarte GM, Maher M, Healey A, Deaton D. Tolerance and efficacy of the probiotic DE111TMdelivered in capsule form. FASEB J. 2015; 29 (suppl 1): 924.33. Available at: http://www.fasebj.org/content/29/1_Supplement/924.33.