Can you ever have too much of a good thing?
At RealDose, we're big believers in eating a diet filled with good things — whole foods, pure ingredients, fresh veggies and sweet, ripe fruits (preferably berries).
But if you're trying to lose weight, too much fruit can work against you. The sugar found in fruits — fructose — can convert to fat that makes a beeline to the belly, where it takes up residence and ferociously resists all efforts at eviction. Think about this: 6 servings of fruit contain more than 350 calories of pure sugar (mostly fructose) with the potential to pack on the belly fat.
Still, your body needs fruit. And lots of it! It particularly needs the red and purple varieties that are rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants. Together, the two provide a long list of essential health benefits. What's more, they help balance the body's natural anti-inflammatory response, which is key to successful weight loss.
So how do you get enough fruit to deliver optimal benefits without overloading on sugar? (Juices and fruit-laden smoothies aren't the answer. They're overflowing with calories.) And how do you get the optimal variety of fruits — that synergistic combination that delivers a wide range of health benefits?
In answer to both questions, we're happy to introduce our new formulation of RealReds powdered supplement, a super blend of fruits and fiber that offers a high-impact whallop in a single tablespoon. Combining everything from apples and blood oranges to grapes and tart cherries, it helps promote a healthy inflammatory response, fortify your immune system and combat premature aging.
Of course, there are a couple of signature ingredients you won't find on the product label: conviction and passion.
We believe firmly that every one of our products should be based on sound science and rigorous testing. With that in mind, our research team plunged deep into the literature and labs to discover what the relevant studies had to say about each and every ingredient and about how they work together.
Just as important, we're passionate about finding the highest quality ingredients on planet Earth and about processing them in an Earth-friendly way that preserves their freshness and power. We've scoured 3 continents to find the best ingredients. We discovered a blueberry powder from thick-skinned and nutrient-dense Alaska wild blueberries. We found a pomegranate extract — known for a concentrated source of polyphenols — from orchards in California. And we've uncovered a unique blend derived from blood oranges grown in rich volcanic ash in Sicily.
So what do you get when you mix conviction and passion? You get the next generation of RealReds. And that's a good thing.
If you like the taste of fruit, you'll love the taste of RealReds. Just mix it with water and it becomes an amazing treat — for kids, for adults, for anyone who craves sweets. The good news is, you'll skip the sour aftertaste that comes from many guilty pleasures. With just 30 calories, RealReds is good for you and your taste buds.
Use it to make popsicles, protein shakes and smoothies. Use it when you're on the road and need a healthy pick-me-up. Mix it with RealMeal GF™ and ice for a double boost to your good health.
RealReds is a delicious, high-fiber blend of superfruits with naturally occurring phytonutrients and polyphenols: apples, blood oranges, blueberries, camu camu, Aronia chokeberries, grapes, noni, pomegranates, strawberries and tart cherries. It also includes organic blue agave powder, a source of natural inulin, which promotes the growth of beneficial gut bacteria.
And here’s an added bonus: 1 serving of RealReds has the protective polyphenols power of 6 servings of fruit … with only 30 calories and less than 1 gram of net carbs.
What this means is that you save over 350 calories of PURE SUGAR [mainly in the form of fat-packing fructose]. It would take a 45 minute run every day just to burn this off.
To put this in perspective, there are 3,500 calories in a pound… which means that you can save a pound's worth of calories with every 10 days of using RealReds.
There’s more. RealReds saves you time and money. Shopping for good-quality fruit takes time, and because fruit spoils fairly quickly, you’ll return to the produce stands again and again.
And you’ll spend and you’ll spend. Six servings of the right combination of red and purple fruits can easily cost you more than $6 a day, even if you don’t opt for organic fruits. If you do choose organic, the cost is likely to rise to be even more.
By comparison, the cost of RealReds is less than $2 a day. What’s more, it won’t spoil in your refrigerator or rot in a bowl on your kitchen counter.
As you plan your meals, aiming for the ideal assortment of protein, legumes, veggies and fruits, here are some things to keep in mind about fruit and fruit products. They can work for you and against you.
Calories galore: Consuming 6 fruit servings will typically add than 350 calories and over 90 grams of simple sugars to your daily total. To burn this off, plan on a good 45-minute run.
Fructose in abundance: The latest research indicates that fructose is converted to fat more quickly than table sugar. But unlike table sugar, fructose doesn’t bother to signal your brain that you’re full, so before you know it, you’ve doubled your calorie intake. No wonder fructose is known as ‘the fattening sugar.’
Fruit juices: Tasty as they are, fruit juices have earned their reputation as ‘fat in a glass.’ That’s, in part, because they’re high in sugar and copious in calories— and thus little better than a syrupy soda. You do get the same nutrients you’d find in the juice’s whole-fruit counterpart, but you don’t get the fiber content that slows the rate of sugar absorption. So, the sugar goes straight into your blood stream. Overindulge and you’ll cause a hormonal cascade that can lead to fast weight gain.
Fruit smoothies: A quick review of the ingredients in your typical chain-restaurant smoothie will reveal some disturbing findings: a medium-sized beverage may well contain more than 70 grams of sugar. What’s more, the fiber content is too low to prevent the sugar cascade that can lead to an insulin surge. Once again, overindulge and you’re headed for weight gain. That said, the best fruit smoothies are berry-intensive — assuming you’re not adding artificial sweeteners.
Phytonutrients and polyphenols: Red and purple fruits are great sources of phytonutrients and polyphenols, which help balance your body’s natural anti-inflammatory response. In fact, according to a study published in the journal Nutrient, at least 2 servings of fruit significantly lower the leading markers of inflammation.
Why is that important? The latest science tells us that inflammation can lead to weight issues. And to make it worse, weight issues lead to inflammation, creating a vicious cycle.
Chronic inflammation releases hormones that lead to excess fat. ⇛ Excess fat releases inflammatory hormones. ⇛ Inflammatory hormones lead to chronic inflammation. ⇛ And so on.
Phytonutrients — such as those found in RealReds — can help break that cycle.
The fruits and berries featured in RealReds combine to help fortify your body’s antioxidant defenses, support your body’s natural inflammatory response and combat premature aging. A single serving gives you all the benefits of consuming 6 servings of fruit.
Here’s what you’ll find in each and every tablespoon of RealReds:
Grown in the United States, the Montmorency cherries in CherryPURE® Tart Cherry Skin Powder have been processed according to Good Agriculture and Manufacturing Practices.
What the science says: Several studies indicate that Montmorency tart cherry juice, which has become a popular source of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients for athletes, helps reduce the inflammatory and muscle-damaging effects of intense exercise. Two clinical studies have examined whether CherryPURE offers similar benefits, with results presented at a 2014 Conference of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. Both studies indicate that supplementing with CherryPure (480 mg once daily, the same amount in RealReds) around intense resistance or endurance exercise helps reduce pain perception and catabolic stress in the post-exercise period.
The blueberries featured in AuroraBlue® Wildcrafted Blueberry Fruit Complex, a key component of RealReds, are sustainably wildcrafted in the rainforests and tundra of Alaska. They are hand-picked from a 58,000-acre area of land — the largest parcel of certified-organic land in the world. It’s owned by the Tlingit people of southeast Alaska, who consider stewardship of the land part of their heritage.
To survive in the region’s harsh conditions, the berries enjoy a biochemical profile that includes remarkable levels of anthocyanins and other polyphenols. This differentiates these berries from their cousins in more traditional settings.
The berries are dried using state-of-the art technology to preserve the naturally occurring flavonoids, including anthocyanins and other phytonutrients. This process helps ensure that everything nature put into the plant — color, flavor, aroma, vitamins, minerals and active phytonutrient ingredients — remains intact in the proper ratios, while spores and microbes from the soil are virtually eliminated.
RealReds features Activin® Grape Seed Extract from fresh California grapes, which is standardized to 90% grape polyphenols. This 100% grape-seed extract is made from seeds that have been removed from the grape skins before fermentation. The seeds are processed through an extraction step using only warm water, which is good for the environment and which maintains the integrity and natural potency of the seeds’ components. The extract is then concentrated and dried into a crystal form.
What the science says: One preliminary clinical study indicates that Activin® helps promote a healthy inflammatory response and reduces oxidative stress.
Organic red apples
The AppleActivDAPP™ Dried Apple Peel Powder in RealReds is derived from apples grown in North America by farmers committed to using certified organic processes. A GMP manufacturing process means the apple peels — which are naturally rich in antioxidants, polyphenols and flavonoids — are gently milled within 24 hours of harvest. The peels are never exposed to temperatures that can damage the phytonutrients and polyphenols.
For their all natural flavanones, anthocyanins and other polyphenols, RealReds draws on 3 varieties of blood oranges grown in Sicily and incorporated into Red Orange Complex® Fruit and Peel Extract.
The oranges are grown in the distinctive volcanic soil on the flanks of Mount Etna. To survive in these unusual conditions, these oranges produce a specific profile of plant polyphenols with extensive health-enhancing benefits.
What the science says: Studies using the red orange complex at the same dose found in RealReds show that blood oranges can help improve the body’s antioxidant status and reduce the oxidative stress associated with intense exercise or excess exposure to pollution.
In one study, researchers investigated the effect of the red orange complex on oxidative stress in policemen exposed to traffic exhaust and/or cigarette smoking. Results indicate that supplementing with the red orange complex for 1 month reduced oxidative stress in all non-smoking men. It also restored poor antioxidant status in the policemen. These findings indicate that supplementation with the red orange complex can help minimize the oxidative damage triggered by dirty air.
The Wonderful Variety Pomegranate Fruit Extract featured in RealReds uses pomegranates from California. An excellent source of all-natural antioxidant polyphenols, the extract uses fresh-pressed whole pomegranate fruit solids.
Wildcrafted camu camu
The Synergized® Wildcrafted Camu Camu Standardized Berry Extract used in RealReds relies on wildcrafted camu camu grown in Brazil. The camu camu berry grows on an evergreen shrub that can withstand submersion in floodwaters for up to 6 months. Characterized by a purple/red skin and a pinkish yellow pulp, the fruit may be as small as a cherry or as large as a small lemon.
The Hawaiian name for the fruit of Morinda citrifolia, noni is native to Southeast Asia and Australia. The noni used in the Organic Noni Whole Fruit Powder found in RealReds is grown organically in the United States. Noni has a long history of use in traditional medicine, primarily to promote immune and cellular health.
Featuring whole strawberries grown in the United States, the Organic Vibrant Harvest™ Strawberry Whole Fruit Powder found in RealReds utilizes a gentle drying process to help retain flavor, aroma, color and the nutritional quality of the original whole strawberry. This patented process gently evaporates water molecules without disturbing active enzymes, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals or other phytonutrients.
In a supporting role: organic blue agave
Our reformulated RealReds also includes Organic Blue Agave (Agave tequilana). The blue agave, grown in Mexico, brings additional dietary fiber to the supplement in the form of inulin, which contributes to an optimal daily intake of prebiotics and stimulates the growth and activity of beneficial gut flora.
Cindy A. Navarino
RealReds is a great supplement to add into your healthy lifestyle routine, allowing you to achieve daily nutrient requirements in one easy measurement.
RealReds is a great way to start your day. It gives a person a boost of healthy energy to get going in a positive, upbeat direction.
I was very interested in trying RealReds — to see if it really is as easy as it says to take. What a great way to get some extra fruits. I have been using it in my 'shakes,' which I fix using 8 ounces of nonfat milk, 1 scoop of protein powder, 6 ounces of Greek yogurt, some extra strawberries and ground flax seed and mix it in the blender. WOW, how rich and creamy it tastes — I love it. I use it for at least 1 of my meals. I find that my energy level has increased, and I have been sleeping much better. I probably use RealReds most at breakfast time in a shake — I look forward to it. RealReds is a 'keeper.'
I like the idea of RealReds. I think it is a good product and a way of getting the benefits of berries but with fewer calories and less cost. My husband read the labeling and commandeered my RealReds. He likes them a lot and uses them every day. I had to ask him to share!
I am very impressed with RealReds because you are getting the equivalent of four fruit servings and vegetables in just one tablespoon. It is a sugar-free, low-carb, gluten-free and low-calorie healthy supplement. As you probably know, while fruits are sweet and delicious, they are full of natural sugar, so you have to watch the amount you eat, or you’ll end up gaining weight, thinking because you’re eating healthy fruit, you should be losing weight. If you like, you can replace fruit in a RealMeal shake with RealReds, while adding yogurt and skim-milk for a delicious, healthy drink. I am going to try it with hot water as a replacement for hot tea as well. How can you go wrong with RealReds?
Every product we offer must first become RealDose “Certified” by undergoing a rigorous development and manufacturing process.
Scientific review of human studies to select “The Right Ingredient at the Real Dose.”
Physician review of every ingredient.
Sourcing of each ingredient from approved growers and suppliers.
Third party testing to confirm the identity, purity and potency of each ingredient.
Our products are manufactured in the USA in our FDA-inspected facilities that strictly comply with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
Like all of you, I am many things: father, husband, friend and multitasker. I am also a medical doctor and passionate believer in the role good health plays in human happiness. It's the foundation for a good life, and as the Chief Medical Officer of RealDose Nutrition, I want to empower our customers to be their best selves and live life to its fullest.
I helped create RealDose Nutrition in 2011 to provide people with nutritional supplements that are backed by science and supported by a caring group of health professionals who know our products inside out — because they use our products every day.
We now have more than 300,000 customers who not only receive the best ingredients that science has to offer, but who benefit from our team of dietitians, personal trainers and health coaches—who provide health counseling, exercise advice, help with meal planning and even recipes. I am involved in every step and stage of our processes and operations.
In many ways, RealDose Nutrition represents a dream that I've pursued, without always knowing it, from early days. I completed my undergraduate studies at Stanford University and received my medical degree from the Baylor College of Medicine. Throughout my career, I've noted how many health problems result from poor nutrition and unhealthy diets. Plus, as a father of 4 young children and a spouse to a woman who has a busy career as a health practitioner, I understand just how easy it is to skip a nutritious meal and opt for junk food instead, and how hard it is to attend to health while burning the candle at both ends.
RealDose is about making healthy living easier. Ours is perhaps the only supplement company around that provides a full 1-year guarantee on EVERY product we sell. If you try one of our products and don't care for it, you can return it — with NO hassles and NO questions asked.
That said, I stand behind every one of these products. They pass what I consider the most rigorous test of all: Would I offer these to my mother? To my loved ones?
Steven Sisskind, M.D.
Chief Medical Officer
What is RealReds™?
RealReds is a key player in the RealDose® family of nutritional supplements. It brings you a blend of superstar fruits and berries. Just 1 serving offers the health benefits of a concentrated amount of phytonutrients and polyphenols — equivalent to 6 servings of fruit.
It comes in powdered form and mixes with water to offer — true to the RealDose promise — the right amounts of key phytonutrients. Every fruit was selected because of its nutritional profile … profiles backed by scientific research and nutritional studies.
It provides all this without the sugar and the insulin spike associated with consuming too many whole fruits and berries.
What ingredients are in RealReds?
RealReds features a lineup of superfruits with naturally occurring phytonutrients and polyphenols: apples, blood oranges, blueberries, camu camu, Aronia chokeberries, grapes, noni, pomegranates and strawberries. It also includes organic blue agave powder, a source of natural inulin, which promotes the growth of beneficial gut bacteria.
Just as important as what's in RealReds is what's not in it. RealReds is free of milk and milk products, eggs, fish, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, soy and wheat. It contains NO gluten, NO ingredients from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), and NO artificial preservatives, sweeteners, colors or flavors.
How is this new formula different from its predecessor?
RealReds has been reformulated with 3 goals in mind: to boost the phytonutrient content, reduce the sugar content and enhance the flavor. Each 1-tablespoon serving delivers even more protective plant polyphenols (equivalent to 6 servings of fruits) and includes more standardized fruit extracts in amounts backed by clinical research. Each serving contains less than 1 gram of sugar and includes an excellent source of fiber to help you meet your daily needs. And the berry flavor is earning high marks, making the new RealReds a delicious way to boost your phytonutrient and fiber intake.
How many calories does RealReds have? Like fruit, is it a good source of fiber?
For calorie counters, this is really good news: just 30 calories per serving. That's far fewer than the 360 or so calories you'd get with 6 servings of fruit.
And yes, it's a great source of fiber, providing 6 grams (24% of the daily value) in just 1 serving.
What phytonutrients does RealReds provide?
The list is long. Each fruit and berry in RealReds brings a unique phytonutrient profile to the end product. The result is a powdered fruit and berry blend that provides a wide variety of bioactive plant phytonutrients and polyphenols, including flavonoids, anthocyanins, proanthocyanins and hydroxycinnamic acids.
What does the science say about this product?
Clinical studies on the various ingredients in RealReds link them to a wide range of benefits, such as helping to promote a healthy inflammatory response, reduce the signs of premature aging and combat the oxidative stress that can occur with excess exposure to pollution, with intense exercise or with diabetes.
What is the source of the fruits and berries?
We've scoured 3 continents — Europe, South America and North America — for the best sources of all the fruits and berries in RealReds. Our apples come from North America; our blood oranges from Sicily; our blueberries from Alaska; and our camu camu originates in the Amazon rainforests of Brazil. We acquire our grapes and pomegranates from California and our noni and strawberries from other U.S. sources. Our Aronia chokecherries, meanwhile, come from Poland.
The fruits are harvested and carefully dried using state-of-the-art technology and processes that preserve their nutritional integrity.
Where is the product manufactured?
RealReds is manufactured in the USA in FDA-inspected facilities that strictly comply with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
How do I use RealReds?
That's where creativity comes in. You can mix a single tablespoon of RealReds with water and get a delicious treat. Or you can mix it with RealMeal GF™ to make a high-protein shake or smoothie. Some of our customers use it with yogurt and add their favorite ingredients.
It's a great resource for busy people who can't always take the time to prepare fresh fruits or berries.
RealReds also makes a great traveling companion. When you need a quick, healthy snack, but can't bear the offerings from a vending machine or fast-food outlet, RealReds is at your disposal.
Is this product safe for children?
Healthy children over the age of 6 years may supplement with RealReds.
The recommended serving size for children is smaller than that for adults because of the fiber content. For adults, the serving size is 1 tablespoon, which provides 6 grams of fiber (an amount similar to a serving of high-fiber food).
For children, 6-12 years, the recommended daily intake is 1 teaspoon, which provides 2 grams of dietary fiber. Do not exceed 1 teaspoon per day.
For children over 12 years of age, the recommended daily intake is 1-3 teaspoons, as tolerated, which provides 2 to 6 grams of fiber. Do not exceed 3 teaspoons per day. Adding too much fiber too fast can cause stomach upset, so start slowly and increase as tolerated.
Is this product safe for pregnant women and nursing mothers?
As with any nutritional supplement, pregnant women and nursing mothers should consult with their physician or other licensed healthcare professional before incorporating RealReds into their diet.
Is this product safe to use with medications?
As with all dietary supplements, we recommend that you consult your physician or other licensed healthcare professional prior to use if you are taking any medications.
Is this product tested for purity?
Yes. As with all RealDose® supplements, this product is third-party tested for purity.
1. Kelly G. Inulin-type prebiotics--a review: part 1. Altern Med Rev. 2008;13(4):315-329. Review. PMID: 19152479.
2. Moshfegh AJ, Friday JE, Goldman JP, Ahuja JK. Presence of inulin and oligofructose in the diets of Americans. J Nutr. 1999;129(7 Suppl):1407S-1411S. PMID: 10395608. Available at: http://jn.nutrition.org/content/129/7/1407S.full.pdf+html.
3. ActiveActiv™ Organic Apple Peel Raw Material Specification. Solid Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Undated.
4. Denis MC, Furtos A, Dudonné S, et al. Apple peel polyphenols and their beneficial actions on oxidative stress and inflammation. PLoS One. 2013;8(1):e53725. Epub 2013 Jan 23. PMID: 23372666.
5. Denis MC, Furtos A, Dudonné S, et al. Apple peel polyphenols and their beneficial actions on oxidative stress and inflammation. PLoS One. 2013;8(1):e53725. PMID: 23372666.
6. Wolfe K, Wu X, Liu RH. Antioxidant activity of apple peels. J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51(3):609-614. PMID: 12537430.
7. Vieira FG, Borges Gda S, Copetti C, Gonzaga LV, Nunes Eda C, Fett R. Activity and contents of polyphenolic antioxidants in the whole fruit, flesh and peel of three apple cultivars. Arch Latinoam Nutr. 2009;59(1):101-106. PMID: 19480352.
8. CherryPURE® Tart Cherry Powder — 80 Mesh Product Data Sheet. Shoreline Fruit. December 23, 2013.
9. Analytical Report: Tart Cherry Powder 12SFL222. Atlas Bioscience Labs. September 6, 2012
10. Levers K, Dalton R, Galvan E, et al. Markers of catabolism and muscle soreness following an acute bout of intense lower body resistance exercise. Paper presented at: 11th Annual Conference of the International Society of Sports Nutrition; June 2014; Clearwater Beach FL. Available at: http://exerciseandsportnutritionlab.com/newsarchives/tartcherrypowderresistanceexercise.
11. Galvan E, Levers K, Dalton R, et al. Powdered tart cherry supplementation effectively reduces markers of catabolism and perceptions of muscle soreness following an acute bout of intense endurance exercise. Paper presented at: 11th Annual Conference of the International Society of Sports Nutrition; June 2014; Clearwater Beach FL. Available at: http://exerciseandsportnutritionlab.com/2014tartcherrypowderenduranceexercise.
12. Activin™ Product Specification. San Joaquin Valley Concentrates. October 15, 2013.
13. Activin™ Product Specification. San Joaquin Valley Concentrates. October 15, 2013.
14. Activin: How It's Made. San Jouqin Valley Concentrate Website. Available at: http://www.sjvconc.com/Activin/How-Its-Made.asp.
15. Kalin R, Righi A, Del Rosso A, et al. Activin, a grape seed-derived proanthocyanidin extract, reduces plasma levels of oxidative stress and adhesion molecules (ICAM-1, VCAM-1 and E-selectin) in systemic sclerosis. Free Radic Res. 2002;36:819-825. PMID: 12420739.
16. Chan-Blanco Y, Fabrice Vaillant F, Perez AM, Reynes M,Brillouet JM, Brat P. The noni fruit (Morinda citrifolia L.): a review of agricultural research, nutritional and therapeutic properties. J Food Compost Anal. 2006;19(6-7):645-654.
17. POMxm Powder — Spray Dried Pomegranate Antioxidant Extract Specification # 108000000013. POM Wonderful, LLC. October 13, 2012.
18. Vibrant Harvest Product Sheet. Available at: http://www.plthealth.com/products/vibrant-harvest.
19. AuroraBlue® Ingredient Specification. Denali Biotechnologies. Undated.
20. Denali Biotechnologies Web Site. Available at: http://denalibiotech.com/.
21. Denali Biotechnologies Web Site. Available at: http://denalibiotech.com/quality/beyond-organic/.
22. AuroraBlue® Ingredient Specification. Denali Biotechnologies. Undated.
23. AuroraBlue® Ingredient Specification. Denali Biotechnologies. Undated.
24. AuroraBlue® Ingredient Specification. Denali Biotechnologies. Undated.
25. McKenzie M, inventor; Denali Biotechnologies, Inc, assignee. Vaccinium species compositions. US patent 8,591,964. November 26, 2013.
26. Denali Biotechnologies Inc., Makers of AuroraBlue®, awarded patent for Vaccinium compositions [press release]. HOMER, AK: Denali Biotechnologies Inc, December 15, 2013. Available at: http://denalibiotech.com/news/2013-12-15-denali-awarded-patent-for-vaccinium-compositions/.
27. Natural Medicine Comprehensive Database. Camu Camu Monograph. Available at: www.naturaldatabase.com.
28. BIONAP Web Site. Red Orange Complex Product Page. Available at: http://www.bionap.com.
29. Bonina FP, Puglia C, Cimino F, et al. Oxidative stress in handball players: effect of supplementation with a red orange extract. Nutr Res. 2005;25(10): 917-924.
30. Bonina FP, Puglia C, Frasca G, et al. Protective effects of a standardised red orange extract on air pollution-induced oxidative damage in traffic police officers. Nat Prod Res. 2008;22(17):1544-1551. PMID: 19023818.
31. Bonina FP, Leotta C, Scalia G, et al. Evaluation of oxidative stress in diabetic patients after supplementation with a standardised red orange extract. Diabetes Nutr Metab. 2002;15(1):14-19. PubMed PMID: 11942734.
32. Puglia C, Offerta A, Saija A, Trombetta D, Venera C. Protective effect of red orange extract supplementation against UV-induced skin damages: photoaging and solar lentigines. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2014;13(2):151-157. PMID: 24910279.
33. Cimino F, Cristani M, Saija A, Bonina FP, Virgili F. Protective effects of a red orange extract on UVB-induced damage in human keratinocytes. Biofactors. 2007;30(2):129-138. PMID: 18356584.
34. Morini F, et al., Iron-induced lipid peroxidation in human skin-derived cell lines: protection by a Red Orange extract. Alternatives to laboratory animals (ATLA) 28: 427-433 (2000). In: Bionap Technical Data Sheet: Red Orange Complex® H.
35. Cardile V, Frasca G, Rizza L, Rapisarda P, Bonina F. Antiinflammatory effects of a red orange extract in human keratinocytes treated with interferon-gamma and histamine. Phytother Res. 2010;24(3):414-8. PMID: 19655299.
36. Pilaczynska-Szczesniak L, Skarpanska-Steinborn A, Deskur E, Basta P, Horoszkiewicz-Hassan M. The influence of chokeberry juice supplementation on the reduction of oxidative stress resulting from an incremental rowing ergometer exercise. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2005;15(1):48-58. PMID: 15902989.
37. Qin B, Anderson RA. An extract of chokeberry attenuates weight gain and modulates insulin, adipogenic and inflammatory signalling pathways in epididymal adipose tissue of rats fed a fructose-rich diet. Br J Nutr. 2012;108(4):581-587. PMID: 22142480.
38. Scalbert A, Williamson G. Dietary intake and bioavailability of polyphenols. J Nutr. 2000;130(8S Suppl):2073S-85S. Review. PMID: 10917926.
39. McKenzie M. Differentiating Your Product Portfolio with the Right Polyphenolics and Anthocyanins. Presented at: Nutracon. March 6, 2013.